Lauren Conrad Collection  


About a month ago, I gave my thoughts on how underwhelmed I was with The Lauren Conrad Collection (click here for blog). Well apparently, she is too. Page Six reported that her clothing line was put on hiatus indefinitely and she quickly responded (read: attempted to save face) on her MySpace Blog:

A few days ago a statement was released to the showrooms that carry my clothing line. It asked them to let the stores know that I was planning to take a couple seasons off from my line so that I could make some changes that I felt were necessary. As a result, a lot of people were under the impression that my line was being discontinued or had been dropped. This isn't the case at all. The truth is I was the one who asked to take a couple seasons off. I have learned so much in the past year and I want to apply that to the improvement of my clothing line. I also wanted to make some changes in production so I would be able to lower the price point. I have spent the last couple weeks working on designs for spring, which is when I am planning to bring the (new and improved) line back. I also have some very exciting things going on that will be announced shortly.

Then, we hear the announcement of one these "very exciting things"...that she will have a line at Kohl's. Really now? This does not sound promising. Surely, the selling point of a $225 tank dress is as a luxe-fabric basic because it surely isn't as a fashion piece. So what collaboration can the Kohl's design team assist with to produce a line that ranges from $20-80??? *yawn*, yeah...

Source: The Cut

This entry was posted on Wednesday, April 22, 2009 and is filed under , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments